Company: DYMEC New York City
Location: Westchester Reservoir
The Kensico Reservoir was built in 1915 – almost 100 years ago. It was built to provide water to New York City. Located 24 miles north of the city the reservoir provides both water and recreational areas. This reservoir provides about 2% of the water needs for New York City
New security systems are required to maintain the safety and integrity of the reservoir. In addition to video cameras, the new redundant Ethernet network supports a variety of biological and chemical sensor packages providing a stream of real-time data information.
The network is required to be both redundant and Cyber Secure. The DYMEC switches contain both Cyber-Secure Video (CSV) and Clean code Technology. Low cost of operation combined with rugged switch packaging makes this network affordable and reliable
24 X 7 X 365.
DYMEC is: Network Security for the 21st Century
Generic System Diagram
- Serial device servers with Ethernet switches are required to connect peripheral serial devices and form a redundant fiber ring
- The devices should be able to work under damp, high temperature, water environments
- Devices must be low voltage for easy power backup
- The devices should be anti corrosion resistant to fog and water spray.
KY-8PSE30WM - High Security - Redundant SCADA
The DYMEC Solution
DYMEC switches power the reservoir information systems, including, power monitoring, video, security, alarm and sensor packaging. Being able to provide VLAN’s for the various networked devices is the key to reliability and ease of maintenance. All of the switches are redundantly powered and redundantly up-linked for maximum security and reliability.
Subsystems such as cameras – which are used for monitoring and security, require Power Over Ethernet (POE). For these systems the 12 port, KY-8PSE3OWM switch provide eight 30 watt (POE+) gigabit PSE ports combined with 4 SFP gigabit fiber up-links for redundancy and capacity. Designed to handle High Definition (HD) cameras and their traffic at full frame resolution.
By utilizing all 4 gigabit fiber up-link ports – the installation team provided 4 gigabits of up-link capacity as well as fiber path diversity for an extra measure of insurance against fiber cuts. The switch comes in both rack mount and din-rail versions. AC or DC powered, with the DC version having dual inputs.
There is also a 24 port rack mount version of this switch also. The KY-7024+ has twelve 30 Watt (POE+) PSE ports and 12 SFP ports for maximum fiber distribution. This switch comes with dual AC inputs for maximum reliability and safety.
All DYMEC products have small carbon footprints with low energy consumption, making the product economical to operate.
- Layer 2 12 Port Managed Rack Mount, IEC61850, POE+, Switch
- 8 X 10/100/1000Base(T)X PSE ports
- 12 X 100/1000Base(X ) SFP Slots
- Operating temperature: -40 to 80°C (-40 to 176°F) / Fan-less, Convection Cooled
- IP30 protection rate, EMC level 4
- Cyber-Secure Video / Clean Code Technology
- Certified Cisco Replacement
- Traffic Control: NEMA TS-2
- DYMEC designs the most rugged and energy efficient platforms used in industry today. Operating costs are low providing a Quick ROI for the end user. Reliability and Security are built right into our silicon.
- Specially designed and coated PCB's to operate in salt spray,fog, high humidity, and a wide variable temperature range. DYMEC products are built for harsh and difficult environments.
- High Security Ethernet / Cyber-Secure Video for SCADA & Industrial Controls