The US Navy Fleet does maintenance and upgrades when the ships return from on station duty. There are always scheduled improvements to the electronic and mechanical systems used aboard ship. Steam catapults, as an example, require constant monitoring under intense usage.
New security systems are required to maintain the safety and integrity of the ship. In addition to video cameras, the new redundant Ethernet network supports a variety of biological and chemical sensor packages providing a stream of real-time data information.
The network is required to be both redundant and Cyber Secure. The DYMEC switches contain both Cyber-Secure Video (CSV) and Clean code Technology. Low cost of operation combined with rugged switch packaging makes this network affordable and reliable
24 X 7 X 365.
DYMEC is: "American Industrial"
Generic System Diagram
- Serial device servers with Ethernet switches are required to connect peripheral serial devices and form a redundant fiber ring
- The devices should be able to work under damp, high temperature, water environments
- Devices must be low voltage for easy power backup
- The devices should be anti corrosion resistant to fog and water spray.
The DYMEC Solution
DYMEC Industrial switches power the catapult reservoir information system, power monitoring, video, security, alarm and sensor packaging. Being able to provide VLAN’s for the various networked devices is key to reliability and ease of maintenance. All of the switches are redundantly powered and redundantly up-linked for maximum security and reliability.
Subsystems such as cameras – which are used for monitoring and security, require Power Over Ethernet (POE). For these systems the Power over Ethernet, 12 port, KY-8PSE3OWMH switch provides eight 30 watt (POE+) gigabit PSE ports combined with 4 SFP gigabit fiber up-links for redundancy and capacity. Designed to handle High Definition (HD) cameras and their traffic at full frame resolution.
By utilizing all 4 gigabit fiber up-link ports – the installation team provided 4 gigabits of up link capacity as well as fiber path diversity for an extra measure of insurance against fiber cuts. The switch comes in both rack mount and din-rail versions. AC or DC powered, with the DC version having dual inputs.
There is also a 24 port rack mount version of this switch also. The KY-7024GMP has twelve 30 Watt (POE+) PSE ports and 12 SFP ports for maximum fiber distribution. This switch comes with dual AC inputs for maximum reliability and safety.
All DYMEC - "American Industrial" products have small carbon footprints with low energy consumption, making the product more economical to operate and a better value..
- Layer 2 24 Port Managed Rack Mount, IEC61850, POE+, Switch
- 12 X 10/100/1000Base (T)X PSE ports
- 12 X 100/1000Base (X) SFP Slots
- Operating temperature: -40 to 80°C (-40 to 176°F) / Fanless
- IP40 protection rated, EMC level 4
- Cyber-Secure Video / Clean Code Technology
- Certified Cisco Replacement
- Traffic Control: NEMA TS-2, Cyber-Secure Video
- DYMEC designs the most rugged and energy efficient platforms used in industry today. Operating costs are low providing a quick Return On Investment (ROI) for the end user. Reliability and Security are built right into our silicon.
- Specially designed and coated pcb's operate in salt spray,fog, high humidity, and a wide variable temperature range. DYMEC products are built for harsh and difficult environments. We are "American Industrial"
- High Security Ethernet / Cyber-Secure Video
- American Certified Ethernet
- Limited Lifetime Warranty