The Mississippi River is approximately 2,350 miles in length. At its widest point the river stretches out over 11 miles in width. The river lies within the following 10 states: Louisiana, Mississippi, Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky, Missouri, Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin and Minnesota.
Bridges require many control and signaling systems, all supported by rugged Ethernet networks. In addition to lighting and control systems, many bridges also host environmental sensors to monitor weather and water.
Bridge projects require the state DOT’s to work together to maintain the safety and integrity of the bridges that connect the states together, make cross country travel easier, and inter-state commerce more efficient.
Generic System Diagram
- Serial device servers with Ethernet switches are required to connect peripheral serial devices and form a redundant fiber ring
- The devices should be able to work under damp, high temperature, water environments
- Devices must be low voltage for easy power backup
- The devices should be anti corrosion resistant to fog and water spray.
The DYMEC Solution
DYMEC switches power the remote bridge information systems, as well as, the power monitoring systems. DYMEC Ethernet switching also interconnects the navigation monitoring systems , bridge weather station, structural sensor systems, aircraft warning light systems and environmental monitoring systems. All information must be carried reliably, consistently and without errors.
Subsystems such as cameras – which are used for monitoring and security, require Power Over Ethernet (POE). For these systems the DYMEC 12 port, KY-8PSE30WM switch provides eight 30 watt (POE+) gigabit PSE ports combined with 4 SFP gigabit fiber up-links for redundancy and capacity. Designed to handle High Definition (HD) cameras and their traffic at full frame resolution.
By utilizing all 4 gigabit fiber up-link ports – the installation team provided 4 gigabits of up-link capacity as well as fiber path diversity for an extra measure of insurance against fiber cuts. The switch comes in both rack mount and din-rail versions. AC or DC powered, with the DC powered version having dual inputs.
There is also a 24 port rack mount version of this switch also. The KY-7024GMP+ has twelve 30 Watt (POE+) PSE ports and 12 SFP ports for maximum fiber distribution. This switch comes with dual AC inputs for maximum reliability and safety.
All DYMEC products have small carbon footprints with low energy consumption, making the product more economical to operate.
- Layer 2 12 Port Managed Rack Mount, IEC61850, POE+, Switch
- 8 X 10/100/1000Base(T)X PSE ports
- 4 X 100/1000Base(X ) SFP Slots
- Operating temperature: -40 to 80°C (-40 to 176°F) / Fan-less, Convection Cooled
- IP30 protection rate, EMC Level 4
- Cyber-Secure Video / Clean Code Technology
- Certified Cisco Replacement
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Traffic Control: NEMA TS-2
DYMEC designs the most rugged and energy efficient platforms used in industry today. Operating costs are low, providing a quick Return On Investment (ROI) for the end user. Reliability and Security are built right into our silicon.
Specially designed and coated PCB's, operate in salt spray,fog, high humidity, and a wide variable temperature range. DYMEC products are built for harsh and difficult environments.
High Security Ethernet / Cyber-Secure Video